The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) exam is conducted to recruit candidates for various administrative posts in the state of Bihar, India. The exam is highly competitive and requires thorough preparation in order to succeed.
The BPSC exam is conducted in three stages: the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview.
BPSC Exam Stages
The preliminary exam typically consists of 150 multiple choice questions, with each question carrying one mark. The duration of the exam is usually 2 hours. The questions are divided into four sections: General Studies, Current Affairs, Mental Ability, and Logical Reasoning.
- The General Studies section tests the candidate's knowledge of Indian polity, economy, geography, and history.
- The Current Affairs section tests the candidate's knowledge of current events and happenings, both national and international.
- The Mental Ability section tests the candidate's ability to think, reason, and analyze.
- The Logical Reasoning section tests the candidate's ability to understand and analyze patterns, relationships, and implications.
The main exam typically consists of two papers: Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is a general studies paper, which is common for all candidates. Paper II is an optional paper, in which candidates can choose a subject from a list of options. The duration of each paper is usually 3 hours.
The interview is the final stage of the BPSC exam. The interview is conducted by a panel of experts and is designed to evaluate the candidate's personality, suitability, and ability to perform the job. The interview usually lasts for 30-45 minutes and carries a total of 120 marks. The marks obtained in the interview are added to the marks obtained in the main exam to determine the final result.
- The passing criteria for the BPSC preliminary exam is usually set at a minimum of 40% for General category, and 36.5% for SC/ST/OBC category. Candidates who pass the preliminary exam are then eligible to appear for the main exam.
- The passing criteria for the BPSC main exam is usually set at a minimum of 30% for General category, and 27% for SC/ST/OBC category. Candidates who pass the main exam are then eligible to appear for the interview.
Preparation for the Exam
To prepare for the BPSC exam, candidates should focus on studying the syllabus and previous year's question papers. Additionally, it is important to stay updated with current affairs and general knowledge, as these topics are heavily tested in the preliminary exam. Candidates should also practice writing essays and answers in a clear and concise manner, as this is an important skill tested in the main exam.
Preparing for the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) exams can be a daunting task, but with the right approach and resources, it can be made much easier. One of the best ways to prepare for these exams is by taking mock tests. Mock tests provide a great opportunity to familiarize yourself with the exam format and test your knowledge and skills in a simulated exam environment.
One such website that provides efficient mock tests is MyOnlinePrep. It offers mock tests on all the BPSC-related topics, including previous year question papers, video courses, current affairs and more. The website also provides various BPSC-related courses such as Geography, History, General Science General Awareness, Polity, and more.
Read More:- https://www.myonlineprep.com/exam/bpsc
Follow Us On Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/myonlineprep/
Follow Us On Twitter:- https://twitter.com/myonlineprep
Follow Us On YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/myonlineprep
Follow Us On Linkedin:- https://www.linkedin.com/company/myonlineprep/
Address:- Rafin Education India Pvt Ltd 405, Emarat Firdaus, Exhibition Road, Patna – 800006 (IN)
Call US : +91 92641 49917
Email Us :- email@example.com